Debian Etch Backport of xfsprogs 2.9.8-1

To: backports-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Debian Etch Backport of xfsprogs 2.9.8-1
From: Martin Steigerwald <ms@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 14:46:34 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I made a xfsprogs-Backports for Debian Etch, since the xfsprogs for Etch is at
version 2.8.11 - so fairly outdated:

http://people.teamix.net/~ms/backports/etch-backports/xfsprogs/

I would be willing to maintain this - at least until Debian Lenny is out. So
if someone wants to sponsor an upload please tell me in case any changes are
needed.

Important: You may need a newer kernel than the one in Debian Etch (2.6.18) in
order to access XFS partitions that you formatted with mkfs.xfs from this
backport. But I since it does not set lazy superblock counters by default
since xfsprogs 2.9.7 it might just work. Otherwise better use EtchNHalf oder
current backport kernel with it.

Ciao,
--
Martin Steigerwald - team(ix) GmbH - http://www.teamix.de
gpg: 19E3 8D42 896F D004 08AC A0CA 1E10 C593 0399 AE90