Re: Bad day with xfsrestore, what went wrong?

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Bad day with xfsrestore, what went wrong?
From: Michael Lueck <mlueck@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 19:59:50 -0400
Sender: news <news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bill Kendall wrote:

I tried to reproduce this using the command line you supplied, but
everything worked as expected for me.

Glad to hear that. Seems my tried and true syntax _can_ still work.

Perhaps try it without the -i (so that only subtrees given with -s are
restored), just to rule out
the possibility that you inadvertently added all files to the restore list.

Enough putzing with a production server I think.

It was odd that it only put back files present in that old backup set and did
not overwrite everything... thankfully!

Anyway, thanks for checking / verifying my usual restore syntax that it is the
correct syntax.

--
Michael Lueck
Lueck Data Systems