Re: XFS slow performance

To: Muhammad Fakhrul Rozi Bin Mohd Seth <rozi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS slow performance
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:57:09 -0500
Cc: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Muhammad Fakhrul Rozi Bin Mohd Seth wrote:
> Thanks for the reply;

No problem; please keep the list on cc: so that others with similar
problems will have something to find on google :)

> Yes i have test the other's and it is more worst than XFS.
> So here the snapshot is provide by the LVM not the XFS itself?

That's right; xfs itself has no snapshot capability.  It's done at the
block layer (via lvm in your case).

> Have face any issue on snapshot using LVM before?

I don't use snapshots much so can't say, but they do have overhead.  You
may have more luck asking for suggestions on the lvm users list.  There
might be some tuning you can do.

-Eric