Re: XFS slow performance

To: Muhammad Fakhrul Rozi Bin Mohd Seth <rozi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS slow performance
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2008 21:24:58 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx

> ** what have i check is; if no snapshot was taken; the files sharing was
> go on without problem and really fast.
> This problem occurred only when we have a snapshot drives. even a single
> drive.
>

> please help me and advise me on this?

There's not a lot to go on here, but it sounds like it's possibly an lvm
snapshot issue, not an xfs issue, to me.  Can you test another
filesystem temporarily to see if you see the same slowdown when a
snapshot is active?

When a snapshot is active, it's doing copy on write, which will slow
things down to some degree.

-Eric