XFS slow performance

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: XFS slow performance
From: Muhammad Fakhrul Rozi Bin Mohd Seth <rozi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:17:59 +0800
Hi All,

I'm using the UBUNTU server with LVM group of SCSI harddisk.

I'm using this setting for XFS:

               1. mkfs.xfs --l logdev=/dev/sda1,size=64m --d agcount=32
                  /dev/test/department

               1. mount -o noatime,nodiratime,nobarrier,logbufs=8
                  /dev/test/department /data/

My current situation is :

1) I'm using XFS file system as my files server
2) i'm using snapshot to make a hot backup like shadow copies in windows

The problem is it takes a long time and some time it make time out for:

1) New file creation
2) Copy files from xfs shared to another local pc's

** what have i check is; if no snapshot was taken; the files sharing was
go on without problem and really fast.
This problem occurred only when we have a snapshot drives. even a single
drive.

please help me and advise me on this?

Regards
Rozi