Re: How can I recover data?

To: ibulescu <tibi_1980@xxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: How can I recover data?
From: "Barry Naujok" <bnaujok@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 11:20:40 +1100
On Thu, 16 Oct 2008 02:35:40 +1100, ibulescu <tibi_1980@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
how can I recover the data?

Here is my story:

I have openfiler installed with LVM and a single xfs partition over 7 sata
hdd's. Yesterday I discovered that I can't write any files to the xfs
partition, even if there was 1,2Tb free space. I've googled alot and
modified the label of all partitions to GPT (that seemed to be the problem
with xfs, or so I've imagined and I've used parted - mklabel). After that
I've rebooted and all data was gone. The parted program changed the
partitions UUID's. I've manualy set original partitions UUID from lvm
backup's and restored the volume group. The partition from the volume group was there but XFS can't mount the filesystem. After running xfs_repair this
is the result:
- all the data was contained in a single folder named "All" which was
deleted by the repair

All was inode 186:

entry "All" in shortform directory 186 references free inode 136
junking entry "All" in directory inode 186

which is now in lost+found:

disconnected dir inode 186, moving to lost+found

So, you should find the contents of the All directory in
/lost+found/186/

----Begin copy----
bad magic number 0x0 on inode 183, resetting magic number
bad version number 0x0 on inode 183, resetting version number
bad magic number 0x0 on inode 184, resetting magic number
bad version number 0x0 on inode 184, resetting version number
bad magic number 0x0 on inode 185, resetting magic number
bad version number 0x0 on inode 185, resetting version number
imap claims in-use inode 186 is free, correcting imap
imap claims in-use inode 187 is free, correcting imap
imap claims in-use inode 188 is free, correcting imap
imap claims in-use inode 189 is free, correcting imap
imap claims in-use inode 190 is free, correcting imap
bad attribute leaf magic # 0 for dir ino 191
problem with attribute contents in inode 191
clearing inode 191 attributes
correcting nblocks for inode 191, was 1 - counted 0
imap claims in-use inode 191 is free, correcting imap
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - agno = 8
        - agno = 9
        - agno = 10
        - agno = 11
        - agno = 12
        - agno = 13
        - agno = 14
        - agno = 15
        - agno = 16
        - agno = 17
        - agno = 18
        - agno = 19
        - agno = 20
        - agno = 21
        - agno = 22
        - agno = 23
        - agno = 24
        - agno = 25
        - agno = 26
        - agno = 27
        - agno = 28
        - agno = 29
        - agno = 30
        - agno = 31
        - agno = 32
        - agno = 33
        - agno = 34
        - agno = 35
        - agno = 36
        - agno = 37
        - agno = 38
        - agno = 39
        - agno = 40
        - agno = 41
        - agno = 42
        - agno = 43
        - agno = 44
        - agno = 45
        - agno = 46
        - agno = 47
        - agno = 48
        - agno = 49
        - agno = 50
        - agno = 51
        - agno = 52
        - agno = 53
        - agno = 54
        - agno = 55
        - agno = 56
        - agno = 57
        - agno = 58
        - agno = 59
        - agno = 60
        - agno = 61
        - agno = 62
        - agno = 63
        - agno = 64
        - agno = 65
        - agno = 66
        - agno = 67
        - agno = 68
        - agno = 69
        - agno = 70
        - agno = 71
        - agno = 72
        - agno = 73
        - agno = 74
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
root inode lost
        - clear lost+found (if it exists) ...
        - check for inodes claiming duplicate blocks...
        - agno = 0
entry "All" in shortform directory 186 references free inode 136
junking entry "All" in directory inode 186
entry "All.info.xml" in shortform directory 186 references free inode 137
junking entry "All.info.xml" in directory inode 186
bad attribute format 1 in inode 191, resetting value
entry "rhi-rp11.iso" in shortform directory 191 references free inode 134
junking entry "rhi-rp11.iso" in directory inode 191
entry "rhi.nfo" in shortform directory 191 references free inode 135
junking entry "rhi.nfo" in directory inode 191
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - agno = 8
        - agno = 9
        - agno = 10
        - agno = 11
        - agno = 12
        - agno = 13
        - agno = 14
        - agno = 15
        - agno = 16
        - agno = 17
        - agno = 18
        - agno = 19
        - agno = 20
        - agno = 21
        - agno = 22
        - agno = 23
        - agno = 24
        - agno = 25
        - agno = 26
        - agno = 27
        - agno = 28
        - agno = 29
        - agno = 30
        - agno = 31
        - agno = 32
        - agno = 33
        - agno = 34
        - agno = 35
        - agno = 36
        - agno = 37
        - agno = 38
        - agno = 39
        - agno = 40
        - agno = 41
        - agno = 42
        - agno = 43
        - agno = 44
        - agno = 45
        - agno = 46
        - agno = 47
        - agno = 48
        - agno = 49
        - agno = 50
        - agno = 51
        - agno = 52
        - agno = 53
        - agno = 54
        - agno = 55
        - agno = 56
        - agno = 57
        - agno = 58
        - agno = 59
        - agno = 60
        - agno = 61
        - agno = 62
        - agno = 63
        - agno = 64
        - agno = 65
        - agno = 66
        - agno = 67
        - agno = 68
        - agno = 69
        - agno = 70
        - agno = 71
        - agno = 72
        - agno = 73
        - agno = 74
Phase 5 - rebuild AG headers and trees...
        - reset superblock...
Phase 6 - check inode connectivity...
reinitializing root directory
reinitializing realtime bitmap inode
reinitializing realtime summary inode
        - resetting contents of realtime bitmap and summary inodes
        - ensuring existence of lost+found directory
        - traversing filesystem starting at / ...
        - traversal finished ...
        - traversing all unattached subtrees ...
        - traversals finished ...
        - moving disconnected inodes to lost+found ...
disconnected dir inode 186, moving to lost+found
disconnected inode 187, moving to lost+found
disconnected inode 188, moving to lost+found
disconnected inode 189, moving to lost+found
disconnected inode 190, moving to lost+found
disconnected dir inode 191, moving to lost+found
Phase 7 - verify and correct link counts...
resetting inode 128 nlinks from 2 to 3
resetting inode 186 nlinks from 3 to 2
Warning:  quota inodes were cleared.  Quotas disabled.
Note - stripe unit (0) and width (0) fields have been reset.
Please set with mount -o sunit=<value>,swidth=<value>
done
[root@nas01 /]#
----End copy----