Re: xfsaild centisecs /proc wakeup control?

To: "Linda A. Walsh" <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfsaild centisecs /proc wakeup control?
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 07:58:56 +1100
Cc: xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
On Wed, Oct 08, 2008 at 12:44:41PM -0700, Linda A. Walsh wrote:
> I was looking at powertop again recently, and noticed xfsbufd and
> xfsaild at the top of the wakeup list. xfsbufd can be tuned with
> /proc/sys/fs/xfs/xfsbufd_centisecs along with 3 other time-related
> tunables.  However, I don't see one for xfsaild.  Is that an
> oversight?

No. The xfsaild is currently operating with watchdog functionality
to catch AIL push stalls due to a know problem that this new patch:

fixes.

After this has been included for a while (say a release), I
plan to remove the watchdog feature of the xfsaild so the
once-per-second-per-XFS-filesystem wakeup will go away then.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner