Re: xfs mailing list posting help

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2008 10:16:56 -0500
Cc: lachlan@xxxxxxx, pvlogin@xxxxxxxxx, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Eric Sandeen wrote:
Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
Peter,

How long ago did you post your message?
Maybe it fell on the floor somewhere along the way.  Try posting again.
Note that it can take a while before messages appear in the archives.

Who is maintaining this list nowadays?

The usual cabal; Russell, Ralf, me sometimes.

There is the greylisting so that new email senders take a little while
(a retry) to get through ... it's a spam measure.
Actually that isn't the case anymore.
Everything is "pre-filtered" via a barracuda box so from oss's stand point
all mail is coming from one ip address which makes grey listing ineffective.
So there is no artificial delay anymore.

Peter what email address did you send it from?
I didn't find anything in the logs from pvlogin.

-Eric

Lachlan

p v wrote:
Hello,

sorry to bother you but how do I post a question to the xfs mailing list? I've
successfully subscribed and I am receiving messages but when I tried to send a
message to xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx I don't see it posted. If you can't help can you
suggest an email of the maintainer of the list?

thank you

Peter Vajgel