Re: What happened to my XFS?

To: Linux XFS <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: What happened to my XFS?
From: pg_xfs2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Peter Grandi)
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:58:43 +0100
[ ... ]

> This is a 39TB XFS filesystem, that I use for a PVFS2
> cluster.

How long did check/repair take?

> I'm running the following hardware configuration : 3 identical
> servers with 2 Opteron dual core, running Linux 2.6.24.7 in 64
> bits mode, SMP and NUMA (debian etch), 4GB RAM, 48 1TB Seagate
> drives, in 2 striped (LVM2) RAID-6 arrays.

That looks like each server has a RAID0 of two 22+2 RAID6s (or
perhaps two 20+2 RAID6 given the total size, but perhaps the
filesystem size is 39TiB, not 39TB).

That is a truly STUNNING configuration. :-)

I wonder what the 'su'/'sw' parameters for that filesystem look
like, they could be AMAZING too. :-)

[ ... ]