[no subject]

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Andrew Lawry <a_lawry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 12:04:47 +1000

Hi,

I am setting up a new Xen installation using XFS as the file system. On our test
machine we have been having some problems with a domU crashing and some
data loss on the domU (on recovery of the file system at the next boot
some files have become truncated.

Our setup:

Dom0 and
domUs are Ubuntu 8.04 64 bit  Server edition. The domUs use tap file
based backends. The file system holding the image files is XFS and the
filesystem in each domU is also XFS.

We are using xen 3.2 packaged with ubuntu.

have read on this mailing list and on google that xen and XFS do not
work well together and some patches have been produced. Has this issue been
addressed? Would those patches be in the stable release and have found their
way into Ubuntu packages?

Thanks for your help.

Andrew
Net yourself a bargain. Find great deals on eBay.
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Frover%2Eebay%2Ecom%2Frover%2F1%2F705%2D10129%2D5668%2D323%2F4%3Fid%3D10&_t=763807330&_r=hotmailTAGLINES&_m=EXT

[[HTML alternate version deleted]]