Re: TAKE 981498 - Use xfs_idestroy() to cleanup an inode.

To: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE 981498 - Use xfs_idestroy() to cleanup an inode.
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 13:56:42 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, markgw@xxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 01:33:02PM +1000, Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
> Use xfs_idestroy() to cleanup an inode.

I'm not sure what has been checked in this patch, even though it's
recorded that I reviewed it. Yes, I reviewed the original patch, but
I asked for changes to be made. I *haven't reviewed* what got
checked in.

With the changelog being entirely useless - not even mentioning it
fixes a memory leak or a deadlock - I have no idea what changes were
made in response to my initial review.  I now have to wait for CVS
or git to be updated before being able to find out what just got
checked in so I can review it.

Lachlan (and for everyone else @ sgi), in future if someone in the
community reviews a patch and asks for change, can you please repost
the modified patches to close the review cycle before anything is
checked in?

Cheers,

Dave.
--