Re: commit messages wrong in XFS git -master tree....

To: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: commit messages wrong in XFS git -master tree....
From: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 10:44:33 +1000
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Dave Chinner wrote:
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 06:24:30PM +1000, Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
Sorry the commits are screwed up - looks like the committer
was a little too hasty.

To fix these up you do realise this means undoing the mods
from ptools, checking them in again and then merging them back
into OSS?

I don't really care about what is in the ptools tree; I don't
see that nor does the rest of the world.
I don't care about the ptools tree either but we have a process
here and you should at least understand that.

It's a bit of work for us.

Sure. But SGI has the power to both screw and unscrew the commit
logs. The former has been done - you can decide whether to do the
latter...
Yes but the screwing and unscrewing are being done by different
people which is pissing me off.  We've all screwed up commits
from time to time - even you Dave.

How much do you really
want these fixed?

I'd *like* it to be fixed, but no matter how much noise I make I
can't force you to fix it. Quite frankly, I'd prefer that such
mistakes are not made in the first place.
So would I.