Re: commit messages wrong in XFS git -master tree....

To: Lachlan McIlroy <lachlan@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: commit messages wrong in XFS git -master tree....
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 19:04:45 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 06:24:30PM +1000, Lachlan McIlroy wrote:
> Sorry the commits are screwed up - looks like the committer
> was a little too hasty.
>
> To fix these up you do realise this means undoing the mods
> from ptools, checking them in again and then merging them back
> into OSS?

I don't really care about what is in the ptools tree; I don't
see that nor does the rest of the world.

> It's a bit of work for us.

Sure. But SGI has the power to both screw and unscrew the commit
logs. The former has been done - you can decide whether to do the
latter...

> How much do you really
> want these fixed?

I'd *like* it to be fixed, but no matter how much noise I make I
can't force you to fix it. Quite frankly, I'd prefer that such
mistakes are not made in the first place.

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner