xfs_force_shutdown - file fs/xfs/xfs_rw.c

To: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: xfs_force_shutdown - file fs/xfs/xfs_rw.c
From: "Martinez, Sergio" <sergio.martinez@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 19:02:05 -0700
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I'm running into a force shutdown issue on a system running
linux-2.6.25.  The xfs partition is 2 GB and we're using a hardware
RAID-5 for storage.

dmesg shows this error:

xfs_force_shutdown(sda2,0x1) called from line 420 of file
fs/xfs/xfs_rw.c.  Return address = 0xc02ddebc

An XFS_bwrite() calls is failing.

Any suggestions on how to debug this?  I'm suspecting that there's a
problem with the RAID controller firmware, but I'd like to eliminate the
possibility of a file system bug.

Thanks,
Sergio

information intended for a specific individual and purpose.  If you
are not the intended recipient, delete this message.  If you are
not the intended recipient, disclosing, copying, distributing, or
taking any action based on this message is strictly prohibited.

[[HTML alternate version deleted]]