Re: linux xfs filesystem corruption

To: Robert <xiaguowu2004@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: linux xfs filesystem corruption
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 13:52:28 -0500
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Robert wrote:
Dear all,
I have encoutered linux xfs filesystem corruption, I search this topic on the
web, but I can't find any useful information to fix my problem.
I build a raid5 with 'mdadm' on my own embeded system which is based on arm, and format it with 'mkfs.xfs', mount it to a directory to be set for nfs share. On the host side, I mount the raid, and start writing data to this raid, for about 20hours later, I start to delete the data , but the following message shows:

Would it be possible to get a xfs meta dump of the corrupted image?

There have been other reports of corrupted fs when running on non x86 architectures.

It might be helpful to examine the file system to see what has gone wrong.

XFS internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_GOTO at line 1610 of file
fs/xfs/xfs_alloc.c, xfs_force_shutdown(md0,0x8) called from line 4073 of file fs/xfs/xfs_bmap.c
Filesystem "md0" corruption of in-memory data detected. Shutting down
filesystem.Please umount the filesystem and rectify the problem.

Although the filesystem crashed, the system did not hang. So I cd to this directory, and ls, and find that all the data seems to be lost, but 'df' reports that the most of raid has been used, I try to repair it with xfs_repair, and everything is OK. But now I don't want to fix this problem by xfs_repair, if the problem happens again, I have to reparit it again, it's too trouble, so if there is any way to solve this prolbem?
I want to find out what causes this error happend,
   Anybody has experience in this problem?
   The following is my system parameter:
  linux version: 2.6.12.6
  CPU: arm926ej
  memory: 128M
If you answer this question ,Could you please cc to me? I didn't subscribe this mailing list.
 Thanks in advance!

Robert