Re: TAKE 981498 - remove mounpoint UUID code

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: TAKE 981498 - remove mounpoint UUID code
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:01:49 +1000
Cc: Niv Sardi-Altivanik <xaiki@xxxxxxx>, sgi.bugs.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 10:45:42PM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Niv Sardi-Altivanik wrote:
> > remove mounpoint UUID code
>
> Are you sure this didn't change any disk structures?  The patch I sent
> was RFC and completely untested...  (and disclosed as such...) :)

Looking at the original patch, it definitely does change the format
of log structures on disk. it removes the union of the uuid and rdev
in the xfs_inode_log_format[32|64] which takes that entry from 16
bytes down to 4 bytes. So I'd suggest that thisss should be removed
immediately before it hits public and people start corrupting their
filesystems....

Cheers,

Dave.
--