Re: XFS internal error xfs_btree_check_lblock

To: markgw@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS internal error xfs_btree_check_lblock
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 21:07:31 -0500
Cc: Richard Ems <Richard.Ems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Bill O'Donnell" <billodo@xxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Mark Goodwin wrote:

> Eric Sandeen wrote:
>> Richard Ems wrote:

>>> Thanks Mark. The most annoying thing is that, after many repairs, it's
>>> working again! But my big question is ... for how long? How stable is
>>> the filesystem now? Should I better recreate it? WHY did this happen?
>>> Why did the FS fail again after some repairs?  8(
>>>
>>> Where can I get more info about these patches? Is there a developer
>>> mailing list? Or some webpage to follow the development progress?
>> This *is* the developer mailing list, and I am honestly a bit frustrated
>> that said bugs & patches are not being aired & reviewed in public, honestly.
>
> I'm sorry Eric for not being very clear. Nothing "secret" going on here,
> nor intended. The problems have all been reported (or mostly, but I'm
> not going to report every problem seen by every SGI customer). The issues
> I'm referring to are extent list corruption (causing hangs), bmap corruption
> due to failed allocs in full AGs (and locking hierarchy issues), and invalid
> btree cursors following btree splits. Lachlan and others have posted patches
> for all of these over the past couple of months (I'll dredge the archives
> and post the references if you want). The changes are all reviewed, checked
> in and available in CVS. Some made it into .26 and others will appear in .27
> in a day or two.

Great.  From your earlier reply I had the impression that they were
patches still internal to SGI - which of course SGI has every right to
do, but patch reviews have the potential to be better if more eyes can
see them - but if they're all already out there on the list, then thanks
and sorry for the noise.  :)

-Eric