Re: XFS internal error xfs_btree_check_lblock

To: markgw@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS internal error xfs_btree_check_lblock
From: Richard Ems <Richard.Ems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:33:39 +0200
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Bill O'Donnell" <billodo@xxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Mark Goodwin wrote:
Hi Richard,

this looks like XFS b-tree corruption of some sort. We have some patches
that should help here. The patches are being back-ported to SLES10 and
should also apply to OpenSUSE. We should have something ready early next
week.

Thanks Mark. The most annoying thing is that, after many repairs, it's working again! But my big question is ... for how long? How stable is the filesystem now? Should I better recreate it? WHY did this happen? Why did the FS fail again after some repairs? 8(

Where can I get more info about these patches? Is there a developer mailing list? Or some webpage to follow the development progress?

Thanks, Richard

--
Richard Ems       mail: Richard.Ems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cape Horn Engineering S.L.