Re: question about xfs_fsync on linux

To: Chris Torek <chris.torek@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: question about xfs_fsync on linux
From: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2008 12:48:30 +1000
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 07:29:16PM -0600, Chris Torek wrote:
> >What kernel(s), exactly, is/are showing this problem?
>
> Well, that part is a bit tricky.  The base kernel is 2.6.21
> but it has a lot of patches, including the one you mentioned.
> (The customer is double checking to make sure they actually have
> that patch in.)

Well, you are pretty much on your own, then. Really, we cannot help
diagnose problems on old kernels with a random set of backported
patches in them.  If you can provide a reproducable test case that
triggers the problem on a recent, pristine tree then we can find the
problem and fix it.

Cheers,

Dave.
--