Re: xfs bug in 2.6.26-rc9

To: Dave Chinner <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs bug in 2.6.26-rc9
From: Sebastian Siewior <lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 21:02:09 +0200
Cc: Mikael Abrahamsson <swmike@xxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
* Dave Chinner | 2008-07-11 18:42:49 [+1000]:

>Oh - you must be running a debug XFS.  CONFIG_XFS_DEBUG was only
>introduced in 2.6.26-rc1 and defaults to 'N', so you must have
>selected the non-default option when prompted. This will cause your
>machine to oops at the slightest inconsistency that is found,
>regardless of whether it is fatal or not. Like the help text says,
>don't set this unless you are an XFS developer....
Could you please add this to the Kconfig entry. Debug mode is usually
noisy, little slower and mostly usefull just to the developers but *I*
would not expect to BUG() in the non-fatal case.
Not sure but if this is just for hch and you than a define in xfs.h
might be safer :)

>Dave.
Sebastian