Re: Lots of con-current I/O = resets SATA link? (2.6.25.10)

To: Robert Hancock <hancockr@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Lots of con-current I/O = resets SATA link? (2.6.25.10)
From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Jul 2008 19:24:52 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-raid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, linux-ide@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Alan Piszcz <ap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

On Sat, 5 Jul 2008, Robert Hancock wrote:

Justin Piszcz wrote:
Can you post your dmesg from bootup with the controller/drive detection?

So you've got 6 drives in the machine. Intel chipsets normally seem pretty robust with AHCI.

Are you certain that your machine has enough power to run all those drives properly? We've seen in a number of cases that power fluctuations or noise can cause these kinds of errors.

I have a 650watt PSU (nice antec one) and the power draw of the box is ~148watts w/ veliciraptors, ~250 when fully load all 4 cores + all 12 disks writing. I have turned off the irqbalance daemon and I am going to see if the problem re-occurs.

Justin.