Re: query

To: "Nandedkar, Rishiraj" <Rishiraj.Nandedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: query
From: Emmanuel Florac <eflorac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 14:05:09 +0200
Cc: <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Le Fri, 2 May 2008 16:12:58 +0530
"Nandedkar, Rishiraj" <Rishiraj.Nandedkar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> écrivait:

> Thank you for update but Linux 7.3 means red hat 7 update 3 red hat 3
> update 5.In our system we are unable to detect disk which is having
> file system in XFS format. Our system is not able to support it.
> 2.4.21-32.EL is kenal version on our systems. Please let me know
> which version should I use in redhat.I am trying this with fedora
> core 3

RedHat 7.3 ( or even 8.0 and 9.0 for that matter) are really very old
and outdated. You'd be much better for pretty much everything with
something more up-to-date. Back then RedHat 7.x needed a special
additional CD provided by SGI for XFS support IIRC.
I'm pretty surprised that RHEL 3 doesn't support XFS though. Anyway,
RHEL 4 and 5 do without any doubt (I use XFS on them).

Emmanuel Florac     |   Intellique