inconsistent xfs log record

Subject: inconsistent xfs log record
From: Michael Nishimoto <miken@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:54:21 -0700
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
I've just finished analyzing an xfs filesystem which won't recover.
An inconsistent log record has 332 log operations but the num_logop field
in the record header says 333 log operations.  The result is that xfs recovery
complains with "bad clientid" because recovery eventually attempts to decode
garbage.

The log record really has 332 log ops (I counted!).

Looking through xlog_write(), I don't see any way that record_cnt can be bumped
without also writing out a log operation.

Does this issue ring a bell with anyone?

   Michael