xfs_repair on root filesystem

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs_repair on root filesystem
From: Massimiliano Adamo <maxadamo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 13:13:15 +0100
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I have seen that it's possible to run xfs_check on filesystems mounted
read-only, but in order to use xfs_repair the filesystem must be
unmounted.
I can't even imagine how to run xfs_repair on root filesystem, without
booting from a live cd.

Do you think it would be possible to implement xfs_repair on 'ro'
filesystem, or on filesytems frozen with xfs_freeze?

The other question would be about the possibility to shrink a XFS
filesystem... but as I can see this is a work already in progress.

cheers
Massimiliano Adamo