Re: INFO: task mount:11202 blocked for more than 120 seconds

To: device-mapper development <dm-devel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: INFO: task mount:11202 blocked for more than 120 seconds
From: Samuel Tardieu <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 19:03:51 +0100
Cc: Christian Kujau <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>, LKML <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Gnus-tag: mail.list.linux.kernel
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

>> No, no I/O errors at all. See the kern.log above, I could even do
>> dd(1) from the md1 (dm-crypt on raid1), no errors either.

David> Oh, dm-crypt. Well, I'd definitely start looking there. XFS has
David> a history of exposing dm-crypt bugs, and these hangs appear to
David> be I/O congestion/scheduling related and not XFS. Also, we
David> haven't changed anything related to plug/unplug of block
David> devices in XFS recently, so that also points to some other
David> change as well...

For what it is worth, I notice the same error last week (with a kernel
of the day) on my laptop but was too busy at work to investigate. And
I use ext3... on dm-crypt.

  Sam
--
Samuel Tardieu -- sam@xxxxxxxxxxx -- http://www.rfc1149.net/