Re: [REVIEW] Add lazy-counter conversion to xfs_repair

To: "Eric Sandeen" <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [REVIEW] Add lazy-counter conversion to xfs_repair
From: "Barry Naujok" <bnaujok@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:05:58 +1100
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, 23 Feb 2008 04:37:29 +1100, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Barry Naujok wrote:
xfs_repair has been improved to allow version changes/conversion of
filesystems.

So, this patch introduces the first in an ongoing series of in-place
filesystem version changes with xfs_repair and the "-c" (convert) option.

To turn on/off the lazy-superblock feature, run the following xfs_repair
commmand on your filesystem:

# xfs_repair -c lazycount=[0|1] <device>

How about adding this to xfs_admin as well, since some flag changes are
already in there?

i.e. xfs_admin -<something... l and L are taken> could invoke xfs_repair
-c lazycount ...?

Ah... should have read this bit :) Yes, will do! (Was thinking initially
to add the support to xfs_db then telling the user to run repair rather
than the xfs_admin script running repair directly!)

It just strikes me as a tad confusing that to change v2 logs or
unwritten extent support, you use xfs_admin, and to change lazy sb
counters, you must run repair...

(I understand that repair must be run post-change, but a common tool to
invoke all feature changes seems good to me)

-Eric