Re: xfs [_fsr] probs in 2.6.24.0

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs [_fsr] probs in 2.6.24.0
From: Linda Walsh <xfs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 13:44:07 -0800
Cc: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>, Linux-Xfs <linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>, LKML <linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

Eric Sandeen wrote:
Linda Walsh wrote:
David Chinner wrote:
Filesystem bugs rarely hang systems hard like that - more likely is
a hardware or driver problem. And neither of the lockdep reports
below are likely to be responsible for a system wide, no-response
hang.
---
        "Ish", the 32-bitter, has been the only hard-hanger.

4k stacks?
----
        But but but...almost from the day they were introduced.  And
these are more recent probs. Has stack usage increased for some reason,
:-(.  I do have the option to detect stack-overflow turned on as well
-- guess it doesn't work so well?

        If they are that problematic, maybe selecting xfs as a config
option should force 8k stacks (ugly solution, but might eliminate
some lost hair (from pulling it out) for end users....?

        Guess I should go back to 8k's for now...seems odd that it'd
pop up now, but maybe it's the xtra NFS loading?  Sigh.