Re: xfs_rapair memory requirement per TB

To: "Rene Salmon" <salmr0@xxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs_rapair memory requirement per TB
From: "Barry Naujok" <bnaujok@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 13:51:41 +1100
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 10:01:22 +1100, Rene Salmon <salmr0@xxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Reading the "Repairing a possibly incomplete xfs_growfs command?" thread
this month makes me wonder if there is some type of rough formula or
guesstimation cheat sheet to figure out how much memory and swap one
would need for an xfs_repair given a file system with many terabytes.

Say I have an 8TB LUN that needs an xfs_repair. What would be the rough memory requirements and swap space?

General rule of thumb at the moment is 128MB of RAM/TB of filesystem plus 4MB/million inodes on that filesystem.

Barry.