Re: Issue with 2.6.23 and drbd 8.0.7

To: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Issue with 2.6.23 and drbd 8.0.7
From: Laurent CARON <lcaron@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:13:24 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
David Chinner wrote:
> Hmmm - no real surprises there, but the numbers are well lower than the
> ~960MB low memory limit. I suspect that there's something at around
> 2.55am that does a filesystem traversal and that blows out the memory
> usage of these slab caches and you run out of lowmem...

Thanks David for this information,

On the previous setup (same pieces of software), we didn't had that kind
of problem.

Do you think that more memory is used while using XFS on a filesystem
traversal than with ReiserFS (the previous setup used ReiserFS)?

I'm of course not trying to blame XFS, but trying to understand what
really happens there.

Laurent