Re: acl and attr: Fix path walking code

To: Timothy Shimmin <tes@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: acl and attr: Fix path walking code
From: Andreas Gruenbacher <agruen@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2007 13:24:40 +0100
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, Gerald Bringhurst <gbringhurst@xxxxxxxxxx>, Brandon Philips <bphilips@xxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tuesday 20 November 2007 06:11:12 Timothy Shimmin wrote:
> Okay, looked at the code.
>
> ---
>
> no -h => stat, getxattr, listxattr
> -h    => lstat, lgetxattr, llistxattr

Yes.

> -P => skip symlinks (as soon as see them, then return from place in walk)

No, -h never skips symlinks. (But depending on -L and -P, it may not follow
symlinks to directories.) Here is an additional comment for do_print, and an
equivalent version of the if in there. I hope that this will finally clarify
the code.

> it would be nicer to have more explanation in the man page.

Agreed. How about the attached manpage patches?

Thanks,
Andreas