Re: xfs_repair - what's the damage?

To: Chris Eddington <chrise@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_repair - what's the damage?
From: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:08:53 +1100
Cc: "xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx" <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 10:54:05AM -0800, Chris Eddington wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone point me to instructions on how to understand the scope of
> damage to this filesystem based on the output from xfs_repair below?
> What is it repairing, and what data is lost?  I'm not sure how to interpret
> these messages or where to go to find out.

Looks like you had something write crap over various parts of
the filesystem. Both AG 2 and ag 24 have header problems, and
then there's a bunch of freespace and allocated inode problems
because the indexes were lost due ot the header corruption.

Who knows how much else is broken - it depends on how much
bad data got written into the filesystem. best you can do is
to run xfs_repair and sift through the debris in lost+found
and try to work out what the lost data is...

As I always ask - how did the filesytem get into this state?

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner