Re: 7Tb XFS partition lost on reboot

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: 7Tb XFS partition lost on reboot
From: Amandine AUPETIT <amandine@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Nov 2007 14:13:50 +0100
Cc: Joshua Baker-LePain <jlb17@xxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
Thanks for the advice !
I checked the label with xfs_admin -l :
# xfs_admin -l /dev/cciss/c1d0p1
label = ""

I tried to blank it in case there is something invisible :
# xfs_admin -L -- /dev/cciss/c1d0p1
writing all SBs
new label = ""

But it seems to be the same. :(

Amandine

Eric Sandeen a écrit :
Joshua Baker-LePain wrote:
On Tue, 6 Nov 2007 at 2:58pm, Amandine AUPETIT wrote

So I created the partition with parted, because fdisk can't do more that 2tb partitions.
It's ok, I can do what I want but...

on reboot, there is a Superblock problem, something like that. When I check with xfs_check :
First guess -- did you use a gpt disklabel on that device? Standard (msdos) disklabels don't work on devices >2TB. The usual symptom of a big device with an msdos disklabel is that the partition table goes away on reboot.

I second that hunch.  :)

-Eric