Re: PARTIAL TAKE 971050 - Remove linux-2.4 build support

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: PARTIAL TAKE 971050 - Remove linux-2.4 build support
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2007 11:27:30 -0500
Cc: donaldd@xxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
On Wed, Sep 26, 2007 at 06:34:16PM +1000, donaldd@xxxxxxx wrote:
Remove Makefile wrappers in XFS

Makefile (and Kbuild) would include Makefile-linux-26
I doubt XFS will really still compile on 2.4; so drop that. This
moves Makefile-linux-26 into Makefile and drops Kbuild.
Also having wrappers as both Kbuild and Makefile seemed redundant
anyways.

After pulling this patch I can't build XFS anymore, because
in the CVS export there's a zero-size fs/xfs/Kbuild file left and the
kernel build thus doesn't actually look at fs/xfs/Makefile.

Can someone from SGI check if the file really isn't deleted in ptools
or whether is is a fuckup in the cvs export script?

I might be a combination of both, the Attic processing is a bit tricky.
I'll try and figure out what is going wrong and get the SGI guys to
adjust things if need be.