Re: XFS internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_RETURN

To: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS internal error XFS_WANT_CORRUPTED_RETURN
From: Markus Schoder <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 20:19:04 +0100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Friday 24 August 2007, David Chinner wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2007 at 09:09:50PM +0100, Markus Schoder wrote:
> > Got a bunch of the below errors in the log. It occured during a
> > Debian upgrade with aptitude. xfs_repair found a lost inode.
>
> Can you post the output of xfs_repair if you still have it? It
> would be handy to correlæte the shutdown to an actual error on
> disk....

Unfortunately I don't have the output anymore. From memory I recall
there were two messsages indicating problems:

1. A message about rebuilding a directory at inode 128.
2. A lost inode that was moved to lost+found.

Other than that there were only the usual progress messages.

> > Kernel is stock 2.6.22.4 plus CFS patch. This is a 64bit kernel on
> > an amd64 processor.
>
> Hmmmm - so not exactly a stock kernel then. Which of the 19 versions
> the CFS patch was applied? Is it reproducable or only a one-off?
> if it's not a one-off problem, have you seen the problem without the
> CFS patch?

It is version 19.1 and the problem was a one-off never seen it before or
since.

--
Markus