Re: RFC: log record CRC validation

To: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: RFC: log record CRC validation
From: Mark Goodwin <markgw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 20:14:05 +1000
Cc: xfs-dev <xfs-dev@xxxxxxx>, xfs-oss <xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

David Chinner wrote:

The next question is the hard one. What do we do when we detect
a log record CRC error? Right now it just warns and sets a flag
in the log. I think it should probably prevent log replay from
replaying past this point (i.e. trim the head back to the last
good log record) but I'm not sure what the best thing to do here.

Comments?

1. perhaps use a new flag XLOG_CRC_MISMATCH instead of XLOG_CHKSUM_MISMATCH
2. is there (or could there be if we added it), correction for n-bit errors?

-- Mark