Re: iov_iter_fault_in_readable fix

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, npiggin@xxxxxxx, mark.fasheh@xxxxxxxxxx, linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: iov_iter_fault_in_readable fix
From: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:21:09 +1000
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 06:31:53PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 05:57:59PM +0400, Dmitriy Monakhov wrote:
> >     Function prerform check for signgle region, with out respect to
> >     segment nature of iovec, For example writev no longer works :)
>
> Btw, could someone please start to collect all sniplets like this in
> a nice simple regression test suite?  If no one wants to start a new
> one we should probably just put it into xfsqa (which should be useable
> for other filesystems aswell despite the name)

Yeah, it can run a subset of the tests on NFS and UDF filesystems as well and
there are some specific UDF-only tests in it too.  I think the NFS test group
is mostly generic tests that don't use or test specific XFS features.

I'd be happy to accumulate tests like these in xfsqa...

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner