Re: iov_iter_fault_in_readable fix

To: Christoph Hellwig <hch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, npiggin@xxxxxxx, mark.fasheh@xxxxxxxxxx, linux-ext4@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: iov_iter_fault_in_readable fix
From: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 08:21:09 +1000
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 06:31:53PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2007 at 05:57:59PM +0400, Dmitriy Monakhov wrote:
> >     Function prerform check for signgle region, with out respect to
> >     segment nature of iovec, For example writev no longer works :)
> Btw, could someone please start to collect all sniplets like this in
> a nice simple regression test suite?  If no one wants to start a new
> one we should probably just put it into xfsqa (which should be useable
> for other filesystems aswell despite the name)

Yeah, it can run a subset of the tests on NFS and UDF filesystems as well and
there are some specific UDF-only tests in it too.  I think the NFS test group
is mostly generic tests that don't use or test specific XFS features.

I'd be happy to accumulate tests like these in xfsqa...

Dave Chinner
Principal Engineer
SGI Australian Software Group