xfs_repair segfault

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: xfs_repair segfault
From: "James W. Abendschan" <jwa@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 12:11:46 -0700 (PDT)
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi there -- I have a 6.9TB XFS volume that is acting up
after a power failure (I understand XFS + no UPS + PC
hardware == badness.  Not my decision.)

The machine is a dual proc x86 (intel xeon 5130) w/ 8GB RAM
running a custom 2.6.18 kernel on top of Ubuntu 6.06.

Since xfs_check can't repair volumes of this size without
scads of memory, I've been using xfs_repair to correct
power-related problems before.

Unfortunately, for some reason xfs_repair is segfaulting:

# ulimit -c unlimited
# xfs_repair -v /dev/md1
Phase 1 - find and verify superblock...
Phase 2 - using internal log
        - zero log...
zero_log: head block 8 tail block 8
        - scan filesystem freespace and inode maps...
        - found root inode chunk
Phase 3 - for each AG...
        - scan and clear agi unlinked lists...
        - process known inodes and perform inode discovery...
        - agno = 0
        - agno = 1
        - agno = 2
        - agno = 3
        - agno = 4
        - agno = 5
        - agno = 6
        - agno = 7
        - agno = 8
        - agno = 9
        - agno = 10
        - agno = 11
        - agno = 12
        - agno = 13
        - agno = 14
        - agno = 15
        - agno = 16
        - agno = 17
        - agno = 18
        - agno = 19
        - agno = 20
        - agno = 21
        - agno = 22
        - agno = 23
        - agno = 24
        - agno = 25
        - agno = 26
        - agno = 27
        - agno = 28
        - agno = 29
        - agno = 30
        - agno = 31
        - process newly discovered inodes...
Phase 4 - check for duplicate blocks...
        - setting up duplicate extent list...
        - clear lost+found (if it exists) ...
        - clearing existing "lost+found" inode
Segmentation fault      (core dumped)

gdb doesn't show anything useful (I don't know how to interpret
the I/O error) :

# gdb /sbin/xfs_repair core
GNU gdb 6.4-debian
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols found)
Using host libthread_db library "/lib/tls/i686/cmov/libthread_db.so.1".

(no debugging symbols found)
Core was generated by `xfs_repair -v /dev/md1'.

warning: Can't read pathname for load map: Input/output error.
Reading symbols from /lib/libuuid.so.1...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/libuuid.so.1
Reading symbols from /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6...(no debugging symbols found)
Loaded symbols for /lib/tls/i686/cmov/libc.so.6
Reading symbols from /lib/ld-linux.so.2...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
Loaded symbols for /lib/ld-linux.so.2

#0  0x08052f42 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x08052f42 in ?? ()