Re: Strange XFS issue on tiny-NAS ARM NFS server

To: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Strange XFS issue on tiny-NAS ARM NFS server
From: "Talpey, Thomas" <Thomas.Talpey@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 17:19:20 -0400
Cc: "Talpey, Thomas" <Thomas.Talpey@xxxxxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Wow good memory, 3 years ago:
<http://lists.arm.linux.org.uk/pipermail/linux-arm-kernel/2004-March/020287.html>

I'm compiling with gcc4.1.1 for arm5t big endian, patched for multiple
arm ports (OpenEmbedded) and it still botches that code today.
Works fine with the arithmetic decomposition in the message.
And I never blame the compiler! ;-)

Thanks!

BTW, XFS gives this little machine a nice bump in NFS write
bandwidth. Goes from ~6MB/sec to ~7MB/s. CPU limited, mainly.

Tom.