TAKE 959485 - xfs_start_page_writeback should use clear_page_dirty_for_i

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx, sgi.bugs.xfs@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: TAKE 959485 - xfs_start_page_writeback should use clear_page_dirty_for_io
From: dgc@xxxxxxx (David Chinner)
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 11:45:32 +1100 (EST)
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Fix XFS after clear_page_dirty() removal

XFS appears to call clear_page_dirty to get the mapping tree dirty tag
set correctly at the same time the page dirty flag is cleared.  I note
that this can be done by set_page_writeback() if we clear the dirty flag
on the page first when we are writing back the entire page.

Hence it seems to me that the XFS call to clear_page_dirty() could
easily be substituted by clear_page_dirty_for_io() followed by a call to
set_page_writeback() to get the mapping tree tags set correctly after
the page has been marked clean.