Re: No Mails

To: Shailendra Tripathi <stripathi@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: No Mails
From: Russell Cattelan <cattelan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:44:53 -0600
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Shailendra Tripathi wrote:

Not getting any mail on the mailing list. I am not sure if there is no activity or I am not getting any mail.
I suspect the latter, how do I re-enable myself.
-shailendra

the list software will unsubscribe any address that has to many failures.
Normally this is a good thing as the list maintainers don't have to keep
pruning out dead email addresses. Unfortunately the list software has
no way of knowing if the failure was due a bad address or a rejected spam.
In your case it turns out to be to many rejected spams.

Unsub      0     10    Oct 22 - Nov 09      stripathi@xxxxxxxxx
550 5.7.1 mail containing es.geocities.com rejected - sbl; see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=66.218.77.68
Unsub      0     10    Oct 22 - Nov 09      miken@xxxxxxxxx
550 5.7.1 mail containing es.geocities.com rejected - sbl; see http://www.spamhaus.org/query/bl?ip=66.218.77.68

This may have something to do with the fact that oss's mail is running through a barracuda box.

Guess you will have to resubscribe to the list.
sorry out the inconvenience.

-Russell Cattelan
cattelan@xxxxxxx