Re: Update for the RHEL4 XFS module?

To: James Pearson <james-p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Update for the RHEL4 XFS module?
From: Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:15:02 -0600
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
James Pearson wrote:
The RHEL4 XFS module code at <ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/testing/RHEL4/> is now about a year old.

Is there any chance that it could be updated with something based on more recent code?

Thanks

James Pearson

Funny you should ask, I just started looking at this last night :)

It was originally based on the SLES9 xfs code; my plan is to simply update it to the latest sles9 xfs codebase, as that has been tended to with a goal of stability by the fine folks at sgi.... so, no bleeding-edge xfs for now (I don't particularly want to backport 2.6.18 xfs code to 2.6.9....)

BTW I have test RHEL5 xfs rpms too, in very test-y state:

http://sandeen.net/rhel5_xfs/

-Eric