Re: xfs_growfs after lvextend don't increase mounted size.

To: Per Mellander <per.m@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: xfs_growfs after lvextend don't increase mounted size.
From: David Chinner <dgc@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:42:54 +1100
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 11:36:59PM +0100, Per Mellander wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I've got a 6.5TB xfs filesystem on a LVM2 volume. I wanted to increase
> the size of the fs so I added another ~10TB to the volume. Every step
> taken was successfull, (ie no errors) but the filesystem size remained
> unchanged even after the xfs_growfs.

There's a 32 bit overflow in the growfs code (and transaction code
on 32 bit systems) so you can't grow by more than 2TB at a time.
I've got a fix under test for this at the moment.

Can you see if you can grow using:

# xfs_growfs -D <current size + (2TB / FSB) - 1> </path/to/mntpt>

FSB = filesystem block size, and the current size is also in FSB.
You can get both the current size and the FSB from xfs_growfs -n <mtpt>

Cheers,

Dave.
--
Dave Chinner