Re: about performace

To: nagesh kollu <nagesh_20k@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: about performace
From: David Chatterton <chatz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 00:12:20 +1000
Cc: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
In general (no experience or suggestions for ARM processors), for video
streaming:

- preallocate space for the files when writing, see xfsctl(3) and
XFS_IOC_RESVSP

- use direct I/O, the larger the better. ie a MB or more at a time,
  but at least ensure the direct I/O requests are aligned on page or
  filesystem block boundaries, whichever is larger

- use asynchronous I/O or multiple threads to keep the disks busy

David

--
David Chatterton
XFS Engineering Manager