Re: catch22: xfs_repair fails, tells me to mount, which fails

Subject: Re: catch22: xfs_repair fails, tells me to mount, which fails
From: martin f krafft <madduck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 16:15:48 +0200
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
also sprach Shailendra Tripathi <stripathi@xxxxxxxxx> [2006.08.30.1551 +0200]:
>        By any chance, did you saw any disk I/O error ?

No, definitely not.

> If there is no disk I/O error scenario, following information
> would be more useful.
>
> 1. /usr/sbin/xfs_logprint -s 0 -D <device>
> 2. /usr/sbin/xfs_logprint -d <device>

Thanks for the info. I managed to restore the filesystem with
xfs_repair -L in the mean time (see followup post), but this is what
I'll keep in mind for the next time.

Btw: there's the xfs and linux-xfs mailing list, and I am confused
about whether they're separate or merged, and which one I should be
using. If you have any input, I'd love to hear it.

spamtraps: madduck.bogus@xxxxxxxxxxx

no micro$oft components were used
in the creation or posting of this email.
therefore, it is 100% virus free
and does not use html by default (yuck!).