Thanks!

To: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Thanks!
From: Robert Brockway <rbrockway@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 19:08:27 -0400 (EDT)
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi guys. I think the poor hard working developers get a lot more negative messages than positive (it's broken, there's a bug, etc) so I just wanted to send a positive message.

I've been a happy xfs user for many years and I've never had a problem with the filesystem. Today I managed to powerdown a firewire drive with an XFS filesystem on it while it was mounted (oops). Anyway there was FS corruption and after a vanilla xfs_repair failed I had to resort to xfs_repair -L. The filesystem was fully repaired and is now fine.

Thanks a bunch to the xfs developers.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073