Re: XFS and write barrier

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: XFS and write barrier
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 01:32:38 +0800
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 12:48:56PM +0200, Martin Steigerwald wrote:
> I am currently gathering information to write an article about journal
> filesystems with emphasis on write barrier functionality, how it
> works, why journalling filesystems need write barrier and the current
> implementation of write barrier support for different filesystems.

Cool! Would you by any chance have information on the interaction
between journal filesystems with write barrier functionality, and
software RAID (md)? Based on my experience with 2.6.17, XFS detects that
the underlying software RAID 1 device does not support barriers and
therefore disables that functionality.

Cheers!

 --> Jijo

--