Request Barriers and Software RAID

Subject: Request Barriers and Software RAID
From: Federico Sevilla III <jijo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 21:54:44 +0800
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I just upgraded to 2.6.17.4, and with request barriers in XFS enabled by
default, am now discovering that request barriers do not work with my
software RAID 1 configuration. Would anyone know if there's a way of
safely allowing software RAID 1 together with XFS to support request
barriers, so that I can safely enable write caching in my underlying IDE
drives to squeeze out a little bit of additional performance?

Thank you very much.

Cheers!

 --> Jijo

--