Re: BUG with inode allocating

To: Nickolay <nickolay@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: BUG with inode allocating
From: Mike Montour <mmontour@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2006 14:27:23 -0700
Cc: xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Nickolay wrote:

> root@192_168_15_15:/usr/test$ xfs_db -r -c "freesp -s" /dev/cciss/c0d0p2
> xfs_db: warning - cannot get sector size from block device
> /dev/cciss/c0d0p2: Invalid request code
>   from      to extents  blocks    pct
>      1       1    4097    4097  24.27
>      2       3    5694   12771  75.66
>      4       7       3      12   0.07
> total free extents 9794
> total free blocks 16880
> average free extent size 1.7235
> [...]
>
> Now, as I understand, the problem here because XFS can't finds free
> extent,
> for allocating new chunk of inodes, and there is no way to tune the
> chunk size?
I suspect that is the problem, although based on your results there
should still be room for 192 more inodes (3 extents of at least 4
blocks, and 4 blocks = 16K = 64 * 256 bytes). You could try remounting
with the "noalign" option to see if it makes a difference. I don't think
there's any way to change the chunk size.