Re: xfs FAQ update for write cache

To: linux-xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: xfs FAQ update for write cache
From: Martin Steigerwald <Martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 11:26:26 +0200
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
Am Freitag 21 Juli 2006 08:17 schrieb Timothy Shimmin:

> > A little feedback: lines are not wrapped in either Firefox or
> > Konqueror (http://oss.sgi.com/projects/xfs/faq.html). This is for the
> > complete FAQ. It makes reading it difficult.
>
> I believe Nathan has fixed this now.

Hello Timothy,

yes. And it makes a huge difference in readability.

> > While they are quite self-explanatory it might still help to make it
> > absolutely clear what each log message mean.
>
> Ok.

Thanks for updating the FAQ. The XFS FAQ has the best and the only
coverage on write caching and write barrier! No mention of it in ext3,
Reiser(fs) and JFS FAQs.

BTW I can do a review of the complete FAQ. I have written lots of
documentation and articles. Contact me when you are interested.

But first I continue writing my article ;)

Regards,