Re: XFS + software raid + 4k stacks = BOOM?

To: Evan Fraser <evan@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: XFS + software raid + 4k stacks = BOOM?
From: Jon Lewis <jlewis@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 13:20:12 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: James Pearson <james-p@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Eric Sandeen <sandeen@xxxxxxx>, xfs@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sender: xfs-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, 14 Jun 2006, Evan Fraser wrote:

Hmm, well we've been using XFS on software raid's with a 2.4.29 kernel on roughly 10 NFS servers for over a year now without problems. Though we are rolling them up to FC4 as they become available.

Using who's kernel source/package and XFS version? Last I looked, the SGI XFS CVS tree [for 2.4.x] was based on 2.4.31. With it, you can export an XFS fs over NFS, but the clients that mount it cannot actually open any files. Trying results in i/o errors.

 Jon Lewis                   |  I route
 Atlantic Net                |